cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection down in the app

Darnoni
New Contributor

Lost internet at home 

my ruckus is connected to a switch providing it power.

the unleashed app shows internet connection is down even though the PWR CTL 2.4 and 5.0 light show solid green on the access point itself .

i am not able to connect to the internet through the access point at this time therefore the entire first level of my house is without internet .

i am able to connect directly to the modem on some devices.

i tried switching cat 4 ports on the back of the modem and also tried switching cat 5 wire.

i removed power from the switch for a minute and non of these trouble shooting attempts have resolved the issue .

Can you please assist me to resolve this issue please .

thank you 

David

28 REPLIES 28

Good morning 

the modem router will still stay a modem router but will no longer be in router function. It will act as a modem providing signal to both Ruckus AP R510

one upstairs and one downstairs.

I read the user manual and it says that in order to setup the AP it must be connected to a laptop and ensure AP has a AC power supply connected .

is it possible to do this a different way? The current AP is not connected to an AC power supply  .

alsobinwould like to discuss with you the best placement of the second AP .

is it possible to communicate with you over the phone?

thank you 

David 

Good morning 

the modem router will still stay a modem router but will no longer be in router function. It will act as a modem providing signal to both Ruckus AP R510

one upstairs and one downstairs.

I read the user manual and it says that in order to setup the AP it must be connected to a laptop and ensure AP has a AC power supply connected .

is it possible to do this a different way? The current AP is not connected to an AC power supply  .

I also would  like to discuss with you the best placement of the second AP .

is it possible to communicate with you over the phone?

thank you 

David

Also I no longer have a laptop that has an Ethernet port . How would I set up this additional AP

Hi @Darnoni 

Thank you for the response.

May I know which Switch you are using? 

Could you please let me know if you have performed the Access Points factory reset following the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self help guide?

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Please confirm.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi 

I will get you a screen shot of the info you asked for when I get back home .

please allow me a few days 

thank you 

David