cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection down in the app

Darnoni
New Contributor

Lost internet at home 

my ruckus is connected to a switch providing it power.

the unleashed app shows internet connection is down even though the PWR CTL 2.4 and 5.0 light show solid green on the access point itself .

i am not able to connect to the internet through the access point at this time therefore the entire first level of my house is without internet .

i am able to connect directly to the modem on some devices.

i tried switching cat 4 ports on the back of the modem and also tried switching cat 5 wire.

i removed power from the switch for a minute and non of these trouble shooting attempts have resolved the issue .

Can you please assist me to resolve this issue please .

thank you 

David

28 REPLIES 28

Before the reset the lights were yellow for both  2.4 and 5.0 on the added AP 

The existing AP has green lights for both 2.4 and 5

i can see configure me as a network option but that’s it .

it does not look like it just syncing up as you said.

Seems like I need to configure the added AP .

can you please help me with that ???please

image.jpg

Hi @Darnoni 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please try to factory reset the Access Point once again referring to the same guide. Sharing it below once again.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

NOTE: As you have 2 R510 Access Points in your setup, remove the cables of any ONE Access Point, and perform the factory reset only on the ONE connected access point. Once you complete it, connect the unplugged Access point cables back to the Switch ports and it will sync up with the configurations from the factory reset Access Point. 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

imran,

I tried to explain to you earlier that I did exactly that and the end result is one AP with 2 green lights for 2.4 and 5.0 and one AP with 2 yellow lights for the 2.4 and 5.0 . 

Does that mean it is sync ? What kind of indications should I see if they are synced ? 

Hi @Darnoni 

Thank you for the information.

I suspect both the Access Points are on on different versions. Please refer to my last post Upgrade your Access Points to the same version.

When they get synced you should see both the Access Points added in the Unleashed system. (Please refer to the below screenshot to check the version)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi @Darnoni 

Greetings!!!

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please provide an update on the status of the issue to proceed further?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi