cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Wifi from Ruckus AP device

dreyes1113
New Contributor

Good morning, 

I have AT&T gateway supplying a Ruckus switch which then supplies a Ruckus R320 AP. The AP appears to be behaving intermittently. When I connect via phone or on another device the pages freeze then load after 5-10 seconds. I have also performed speed tests comparing the R320 AP to the AT&T gateway and the results vary. I requested a new AT&T gateway which I installed last night and the issue has not been resolved. Please advise next steps in resolving, thank you!

13 REPLIES 13

Vásquez_Fer

Hello @dreyes1113 

Hope you are doing well , 

If your home experienced a power outage, it's likely that your switch began operating with routing code this can  be fixed.

To temporarily resolve this, I recommend connecting to your local router via Ethernet or Wi-Fi. This approach should alleviate any current connectivity issues.

We need to attempt accessing the switch. I will provide a guide outlining various methods to rectify this issue and detailed steps for gaining access to the unit.

Here is a link how to resolve this problem and detail explanation :

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-ICX-7150-C12P-...

Furthermore, entering either 192.168.0.254 or 192.168.1.254 into the URL bar of a computer connected to the AT&T network should direct you to the AT&T router interface. There, you'll find a 'Device List' tab, which will help you locate the IP of the switch to address this issue

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

dreyes1113
New Contributor

Fernando, 

What if I do not have the ability to download the CLI to reboot the switch? My company laptop is preventing me from doing so.

Hello @dreyes1113  , 

There's a portable tool available that performs the same functions, which might be a feasible option for you.

https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download-home-edition.html

However, if that's not possible, I would suggest using a borrowed computer as an alternative solution.

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez

dreyes1113
New Contributor

I am getting "Network Error: Connection Refused" when trying to use the Putty application