cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISP not assigning IP to ICX-7150

diemilio
New Contributor II

Hello,

My network just randomly stopped working. There was not power or internet outage, and as far as I know there was no software update that took place.

The issue I am currently having is that the ISP modem is not assigning an IP address to the ICX unit, so there is no way for me to debug anything. I am not entirely sure, but I think I can see the three WiFi access points in my network:

192.168.1.78 / unknown72...

192.168.1.148 / unknown76...

192.168.1.248 / unknown9e...

but that's it; I can't find the ICX. I downloaded the USB Serial driver MAC from here and tried connecting to the console with a cable, but nothing happens when I plug in. Not sure if I need to download some other software to get the CLI application. All tutorials I found ssh directly using an IP address (which I don't have cause it isn't being assigned) and connect thru a terminal window. Other tutorials that show the CLI start with the application already open, so don't know how to install/launch it once connect with a cable.

I have power cycled the unit, but have not done a factory reset. I would like to see if there is anything else I can do before reseting via the console or some other way.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @diemilio 

Thanks for your response.

Please share the status of the switch and the access points in the unleashed app.

For example:

Vsquez_Fer_0-1670331719797.png

Also to fix this issue, we must restart your ISP router and check whether you could identify the IP address of the switch 'currently'

We can try the IP address that shows in the dashboard copy and paste it in the URL if that redirects you to the login page for the ICX-7150-C12P that is the correct one if not.

I will leave you a guide how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

Please let us know once you have done with the above process.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @diemilio 

Please share the status of the switch and the access points in the unleashed app.

For example:

Vsquez_Fer_0-1670331719797.png

Also to fix this issue, we must restart your ISP router and check whether you could identify the IP address of the switch 'currently'

We can try the IP address that shows in the dashboard copy and paste it in the URL if that redirects you to the login page for the ICX-7150-C12P that is the correct one if not.

I will leave you a guide how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

Please let us know once you have done with the above process.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

diemilio
New Contributor II

Thanks again Jayavidhya.

I finally got the modem to assign an IP address to the ICX and got the network up and running by leaving both unplugged for about an hour. Even after this, the connection was acting very very slow but I did some searching, I figured out the ICX was booting from the wrong partition. I followed the instructions given in the thread below, and now things are finally back to normal.
https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

Thanks again for your help and your patience. 

Hi @diemilio 

Glad to hear that the issue got solved.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community