cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISP not assigning IP to ICX-7150

diemilio
New Contributor II

Hello,

My network just randomly stopped working. There was not power or internet outage, and as far as I know there was no software update that took place.

The issue I am currently having is that the ISP modem is not assigning an IP address to the ICX unit, so there is no way for me to debug anything. I am not entirely sure, but I think I can see the three WiFi access points in my network:

192.168.1.78 / unknown72...

192.168.1.148 / unknown76...

192.168.1.248 / unknown9e...

but that's it; I can't find the ICX. I downloaded the USB Serial driver MAC from here and tried connecting to the console with a cable, but nothing happens when I plug in. Not sure if I need to download some other software to get the CLI application. All tutorials I found ssh directly using an IP address (which I don't have cause it isn't being assigned) and connect thru a terminal window. Other tutorials that show the CLI start with the application already open, so don't know how to install/launch it once connect with a cable.

I have power cycled the unit, but have not done a factory reset. I would like to see if there is anything else I can do before reseting via the console or some other way.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @diemilio 

Thanks for your response.

Please share the status of the switch and the access points in the unleashed app.

For example:

Vsquez_Fer_0-1670331719797.png

Also to fix this issue, we must restart your ISP router and check whether you could identify the IP address of the switch 'currently'

We can try the IP address that shows in the dashboard copy and paste it in the URL if that redirects you to the login page for the ICX-7150-C12P that is the correct one if not.

I will leave you a guide how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

Please let us know once you have done with the above process.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jayavidhya

Hi @diemilio 

Greetings of the day,

Please let us know the LED status of the switch and the access points using the below guide.

R510 LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498...

RUCKUS LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-973C8AE8-837A-41C7-9811-BAEF6ADEF3D...

diemilio
New Contributor II

Hi @Jayavidhya, thanks for the quick response.

As of now, the LEDs I see on are:

2. Port link status mode LED

6. Power status LED

7. System Status LED

10. RJ-45 port 5 RX/TX activity LED (all the ones with a connected cable are blinking only once at the same time every 5 or 6 seconds)

Thanks again,

Diego

Hi @diemilio 

Thanks for your response.

For detailed understanding of the issue please let us know on your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on? 

Also can you confirm what is the status of the next light in the Access Point, using the next guide to provide the details?

R510 LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498...

PWR:

2.4g:

5G:

Also please share the image of the switch and the access points as mentioned below.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

diemilio
New Contributor II

Thanks again Jayavidhya

In the ICX, lights 2, 6 and 7 are all ON (green). Lights 10 are green and blink every 5 to 6 seconds all at the same time.

I have 3 access points. In one access point, CTRL is solid green, and PWR is blinking green (System started, no routable IP address detected).

In the other two, the PWR and CTRL LEDs are blinking green in a slow pattern (Network problem. Cannot contact Unleashed Master). 

IMG_3953.pngIMG_3955.png

In the ICX picture, it looks as if the UPDATE LED is on, but it isn't.
In the AP picture, I got it when both lights were on, but as mentioned above, they're blinking.

Hope this helps clarify.