cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150-C12 Switch disconnected after power outage and I can't get it back. Desperate for help

Danielyoung06
New Contributor II

Please help, I'm desperate and at my wits end, I've spent hours trying to get this switch reconnected after a power outage but I can't figure out what to do.

I tried to follow instructions from other posts but it didn't work.

I downloaded PuTTY but every time I tried to use the IP address with SSH or Telnet like in the video I get the following error - Network error: Connection timed out.

I scanned the switch IP and used the address but it still didn't work.

I tried going into the unleashed dashboard and editing the IP address to match what was found on the scanner but now it's telling me a new error which is - Failed to ping ICX Suggest checking network so I don't know if I made the problem worse.

How do I reach the Command prompts and fix this, I work from home and rely on this.

I can access the IP address directly by typing it in but once I'm there I have no idea what to do or how to change anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danielyoung06
New Contributor II

Please note I was able to finish this on my own doing some further research but it was not easy.

Thanks for the help!

As a note, perhaps you guys can create a guide for the community with step by step instructions since there's no phone support and for people unfamiliar with networking this is like learning a new language.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Danielyoung06 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working, and Access Points do not have power.

Could you please try to log into the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch dashboard on the Web Browser?

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address:

Please try to log in and confirm.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Danielyoung06
New Contributor II

Hi Imran,

Yes, I can login in to the Switch dashboard but don't know what to do from there.

Hi @Danielyoung06 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please follow to the below screenshot, enable Telnet and try to access CLI using Telnet option.

Once you enable Telnet try to access CLI using Telnet option and share the output of the commands mentioned below in this post.

Please enter the below commands once you log in to Telnet CLI and share the output:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Danielyoung06
New Contributor II

Hi Imran,

I used Putty and this is what it came back with.

Can you please provide next steps on what to do.

Danielyoung06_0-1701476653197.png