cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 1750 flashing amber

Daddzilla
New Contributor

Have ICX7150. Lost power and lost connection. Reviewed others with same problems. I've tried resetting, tried putty, tried updating ICX, no luck. Now flashing amber all across the board. This is the third time this had happened with the device. Each time I've been able to call and someone has walked me thru steps to fix, but never offered permanent solution. My neighbor was sent a new switch overnight when he reported the problem This is my third time wiht the same problem. Must be device. Help please. Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Daddzilla 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not working with flashing amber lights on it.

Please note, that this happens frequently when the Switch is on an older version. In order to Upgrade your Switch to the latest stable version we need to get the Switch on a normal state first.

Please follow the below steps to fix this issue:

As you mentioned that you tried resetting, once again we will try to reset the Switch as described below:

1. Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnect.

2. Please try to press the reset button using a paper click or a small stick 

• Remove power from the switch.
  • Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  • After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.

Below is the Guide and Videos link for your reference:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-D3B5DB74-53A7-4F8D-82F9-6EB600879EE...

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

IF RESET IS NOT WORKING, PLEASE TRY TO RESET YOUR SWITCH MULTIPLE TIMES (Like 10-15 times) AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.

IF RESET DOESN’T WORK: Please follow the below steps.

If the reset does not make any difference, we need to perform a software recovery since it can be that the image flash is corrupted in basic words the unit is not able to boot up properly and need re-install the image to boot up properly.

Below is the Guide and Video Link to perform the Software recovery process:

Please refer to the below guide and Video link: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql22blH_CGo

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard. And once it is back to normal, I will assist you with upgrading your RUCKUS Switch to the latest stable version.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran, 

I spent literally FIVE crammed and agonizing hours in my network closet yesterday going through each of the steps multiple times. I started with trying to reset 20-30 times, then relocated my desktop into the closet and set in for the long haul. I even had dinner in the closet! I knew it would be complicated but had no idea what I was getting myself into. 

My neighbor, who also works from home and receive the replacement when his went bad, attempted twice to follow each step, but couldn't solve our problem. Some of the links/downloads in the instructions are no longer there. Some of the instructions are listed above the screenshots, some below. The pics are so small, it's a guess if you're clicking the correct download. To say the process was frustrating would be an understatement. That being said, I gave it my best and exceeded what I thought I was capable of understanding as far as the complicated tech is concerned. The videos were no help at all. 

I'm at a loss. We bought our home in June 2021 and in November 2021 we expereicned our first outage-which cause the first problem with our Ruckus device not resetting. I called and was guided through the process to get it back up. The second time occurred about a year later-same thing, I called and they guided me through. This third time, it's the box. Help, pelase. Thank you

Hi @daddzilla1 

Thank you for the update.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience. We understand your concern.

Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

This forum is on best best-effort support basis.

RUCKUS does not have any support team of technicians to support on-site for Lennar Homes.

We have tried to create the guides as non-technical as possible so that they are not difficult to follow.
Could you please help us with the screenshot at what step you are stuck during the software recovery process? I will help you step-by-step.

Please do let us know if you are stuck at any point. We are happy to help you.

Thank you again for understanding and for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi,

I'm not sure which step I'm stuck-or which step isn't working. The instructions aren't clear weather I should run downloads as soon as they're downloaded. Also not clear are the missing links, incorrect screen shots, and screenshots too small to see. When asked to open the port selection from the devise manager for COM#, the switch didn't populate as the instructions indicate. I had several groups of numbers, but it never picked up I was plugged into the switch. It picked up I had two thumb drives plugged in. Reading beyond that, I would have been required to enter the IP address-which I don't know. The other two times we fixed this known problem, I didn't have to reset the device or lose my network configuration. Since this is a known problem with the switch (not Lennar), I'm not understanding why I've not been provided a new switch since the one I have hasn't worked correctly since the start. My neighbor received one the day after he reported the problem and hasn't had any problems since.