cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just moved in to 3 year old Lennar / Rukus home.

mmbaba
New Contributor

Good morning, everyone.

I just moved in to my new home. It's a 3 year old Lennar home with Rukus network infrastructure throughout. My ISP has just completed their install and I have validated (using my previous home's wireless router) that I have internet connectivity in to the home.

I have the previous owners SSID and WAP password and can connect to the Rukus wireless network however nothing on the network (2x AP's and 1x ICX 7150) appears to be configured as a DHCP Server, therefore I cannot connect to any of the devices using the Rukus Unleashed app or web server.

I cannot imagine that this is a new / unique situation so can someone please tell me a) what device should be providing DHCP addresses and b) is there are recommended 'reset' process for homeowners who were not the original purchaser and are now limited in terms of direct support options?

FWIW, I have a background in networking and am reasonably proficient at troubleshooting stuff like this, I just do not have any prior experience with Rukus.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Imran_ruckus

Hi @mmbaba 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that you need assistance in setting up RUCKUS devices.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

Thank you for getting back to me. The physical connections are all fine. Unfortunately, your response did not address any of my questions. Specifically, I need to know;

Which device on my Rukus network should be configured as the DHCP Server?

Are there any 'reset to default' instructions for the Rukus switch and APs?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @mmbaba 

Thank you for the response.

Please find answers to your queries below.

I. Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) Router acts as a DHCP server here and it assigns IP addresses to the devices dynamically.

II. Yes, there are factory reset instructions for the Access Points.

If you need help in the factory reset of the Access Points, please help us with the below queries.

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the cable connections to the Switch ports)

2. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to ALL the above queries or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi again Imran,

Please find responses to your questions below;

I) My ISP modem is a fiber modem only (NextLight in Colorado). It obtains a DHCP address for the Internet-facing port (fiber). It does not have a DHCP Server to provide any IP addresses to the in-home network.

II) I can factory reset the Rukus devices but I do not know if there are any unique configurations or licenses required for this Lennar home network, so I will only factory reset them if I need to.

1) Currently, I see the following LEDs on the network switch front panel;

• SYST and PWR are green
  • Ports 1 and 2 (connected to the APs) are showing green

2) I have two Rukus access points connected to the switch on ports 1 & 2. They are receiving PoE from the switch.

• AP1 lights (Pwr - flashing green, CTL - flashing green)
  • AP2 lights (Pwr - flashing green, CTL - solid green, 2.4G - solid green, 5G - solid orange)

I have described the LED behavior on the switch and APs. The physical connections are switch ports 1 & 2 to the APs. The internet connection from the fiber modem is plugged in to switch port 12.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I'm highly anxious to get this working today.

Thanks