cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just moved in to 3 year old Lennar / Rukus home.

mmbaba
New Contributor

Good morning, everyone.

I just moved in to my new home. It's a 3 year old Lennar home with Rukus network infrastructure throughout. My ISP has just completed their install and I have validated (using my previous home's wireless router) that I have internet connectivity in to the home.

I have the previous owners SSID and WAP password and can connect to the Rukus wireless network however nothing on the network (2x AP's and 1x ICX 7150) appears to be configured as a DHCP Server, therefore I cannot connect to any of the devices using the Rukus Unleashed app or web server.

I cannot imagine that this is a new / unique situation so can someone please tell me a) what device should be providing DHCP addresses and b) is there are recommended 'reset' process for homeowners who were not the original purchaser and are now limited in terms of direct support options?

FWIW, I have a background in networking and am reasonably proficient at troubleshooting stuff like this, I just do not have any prior experience with Rukus.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @mmbaba 

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

Please note, as you mentioned that your modem is directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it doesn’t work only with Modem. The connection must be from a Router or Modem-Router combo device.

We suggest you connect your ICX-7150-C12P Switch to an ISP Router or a Modem-Router Combo to make it work.

Please refer to the device setup guide we shared previously to know more information about the connections and the devices.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.