cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartbeat loss

imcobra
New Contributor II

I have a ICX7150 with two R510 APs. On repeated occasions (x10 a day), my access point downstairs and upstairs keeps disconnecting due to a heartbeat loss. 

{AP[2nd Floor AP@xxxxxxxxxxxx] joins with uptime [328220] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]}

{AP[1st Floor AP@xxxxxxxxxxxx] joins with uptime [293880] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]}

Regardless of using the Cat6 lines which are dropped through the ceiling, nor taking the AP and connecting directly to the switch with a new Cat6 cable. 

I've tried researching into extending the heartbeat timer, but search hasn't led to much. Please help! Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @imcobra 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Community Forums.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

Could you please let me know if this is a Lennar Home Setup?

Please confirm.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Community Forum.

Hi, 

It was formerly in a Lennar Home where I previously lived; however, I have since moved to a new construction (different builder) and took my switch/access points with me, as I enjoyed working with Ruckus hardware (formerly Ubiq lol). 

I currently have my switch set up to run 6 POE IP cameras and 2 APs, with only the APs having issues with consistency. I haven't had issues with heartbeat loss before, as I was sitting on software from 2017. Since updating to the most recent and stable version, I have had continued heartbeat loss of both my APs. Appreciate any assistance. Thank you. 

Hi @imcobra 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please let me know how many Access Points you have and let me know to which version you have upgraded your APs.
Please share the screenshots of the same.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.