cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access console of ICX-7150-C12P

rohotomase
New Contributor

I'm seeing the issue described here: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-ICX-7150-C12P-...

I'm trying to access the console to be able to resolve this problem, but I'm unable to access the console through any means despite trying every guide or method I found on these forums. SSH and telnet are not accessible (probably due to the state of the switch), all attempts say no route to host. 

I've attempted the usb-c connection using the serial connection and following the guides and installing the usb serial driver I just get an empty console no timeout, no error, nothing. The usb light on my switch is yellow. The web console shows the switch as disconnected (aps are up and accessible). I've rebooted multiple times, and even tried the reset on reboot (which didn't seem to have any effect). Is there anything I can do to get into the console?

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @rohotomase 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

A little hard to get a clear shot but I think you can see all the connections in these 2 pictures.

1000004305.jpg

1000004306.jpg

Hi @rohotomase 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please try to factory reset the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch with a paper clip as described in the below VIDEO and once you perform the reset try to Scan the IP once again.

VIDEO link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

Please share a screenshot of the IP scan results and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

I was eventually able to access the console by finding a USB->rj45 cable, the USB-C access never worked for me. Once I got access I was able to resolve the issue and update the firmware,

Hi @rohotomase 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Great!!! Good to know that the issue is now resolved. 

We appreciate your time and patience on this case. 

Please do let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi