cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update Ruckus Switch - via Web GUI (ICX7150 Switch)

dotnetsoul
New Contributor

I'm trying to update ICX7150 Switch using Web GUI and followed the instructions as mentioned in the link: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-an-Upgrade-vi...

At the step of TFTP Configuration, "Copy from Server to Flash" has been failing with a status "TFTP out of buffer space error".

3 REPLIES 3

Jayavidhya

Hi @dotnetsoul 

Greetings of the day,

Thanks for the detailed description,

Based on your description, the error "TFTP out of buffer space"  means that the file is larger than the amount of room on the device or TFTP server.

If you are copying an image file to flash, first copy the other image to your TFTP server, then delete it from flash.

To erase the image please enter the command "erase flash" CLI command from the privileged exec model to erase the image in the flash.

Also as you are copying a configuration file to flash, edit the file to remove unnecessary information, then try again.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

dotnetsoul
New Contributor

Can I get instructions to "erase flash"?  I found the instructions mentioned in your reply in the research but could not erase Flash using the putty application. 

Also, curious about why the switch cannot update by itself or let us the customers know about the update. I have not run updates on the switch for more than 2 years and am worried about any vulnerabilities. 

Hi @dotnetsoul 

Sorry for the late response,

Could you please share the screenshot of the error you are getting while entering the "erase flash" command.

Also to check the version of the switch please enter the following command and share the output of the following command.

"show version"

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community