cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amber/Orange light on "SYST" & Green light on "PWR" & NO lights on APs after a power outage

AGM_LM
New Contributor

Hi, my switch is ICX 7150-C12P. Today, the Amber/Orange light on "SYST" the Green light on "PWR" & NO lights on APs after a power outage. I tried paper clip reset but it doesn't work, according to the forum I probably need to perform the software recovery. The problem is that it looks like there is no guide to instruct users with MAC OS to perform the software recovery. Greatly appreciated if anyone could show the steps and cable needed to perform the software recovery with MAC OS. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Imran_ruckus

Hi @AGM_LM 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is stuck on boot mode.

Please refer to the below Lennar Knowledge Base guide and follow the reset with a paper clip multiple times.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

If reset doesn't work we need to perform the software recovery. Could you please let me know if you could try the same with a Windows laptop/PC?

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

Thank you so much for your reply! Yes, I did try the physical reset by removing the power, inserting a paperclip into the reset hole, and then plugging the power back in. However, it didn't work since all LEDs just flashed amber once and then went off, and the "SYST" LED still shows amber. I've tried this procedure many times, and the situation remains the same, so I believe software recovery should be the solution.

I followed the procedures for software recovery by first installing the drivers on my machine (macOS) to enable the machine to recognize the USB Type-C to console cable for the switch (ICX-7150-C12P). I downloaded the driver from here -> https://www.silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers?tab=downloads, installed the driver, then opened the terminal and entered the command "ls /dev/cu.*". However, the log did not show anything similar to the driver I installed, and I was stuck here. Need your help to find a solution, thanks!

Hi @AGM_LM 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please let me know if you can try the software recovery process using a Windows laptop/PC?

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran, unfortunately I don't have any laptop running Windows system...