cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After ICX 7150 c12p factory reset need help assigning Ip address and basically setting everything

mpyrtle
New Contributor III

I had to repost because it wasn’t in the Lennar forums I was told. Yes this is for a Lennar smart home.

Hello. I had to reset my ICX switch to factory and now I need a walk through to set everything back up.

I am able to get to the switch via the command line with USB-C to from the switch to my laptop. I was able to create a new password after the reset but I really don’t understand or know the commands like that to assign the IP address, default gateway, and TFtp. I have download putty and TFTP but as of now I’m stuck on assigning a IP address to the TFTP on the switch. 

The commands I found on the forums seems to not work when trying to assign IP address. I just need a up to date or someone to speak to help assist getting the switch not the AP back functioning from the Lennar setup please..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpyrtle
New Contributor III

@imran_ruckus @sgatjens

Same issue. I change the IP address to match the IP within CLI.

mpyrtle_2-1708977941869.png

mpyrtle_0-1708977836141.png

mpyrtle_1-1708977907152.png

mpyrtle_3-1708977977406.pngmpyrtle_4-1708978022105.png

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

mpyrtle
New Contributor III

Is there someone that I can speak to about this. I get I might not get a response quickly, but once I do and it’s not answer I don’t want to wait several more hours before the next response. It would be great if I could work this case out with someone until the end.

Helli @mpyrtle 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Could you please let me know why exactly you need to set and IP address to the TFTP server? Are you trying to upgrade the switch? If so, have you checked this guide? 

How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P via TFTP
https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...  

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

mpyrtle
New Contributor III

I was following another KB article that was on the forum.

Long story short and got a new internet service which is fiber now 2G. My switch was fixed to not go past 80mbps on the ports. I couldn’t log into the switch as all of the default usernames and password that was mention throughout these forums didn’t work. So I reset the ICX and went to the factory mode. I need assistance to set everything back up on the switch as if this was new set up for a Lennar home. Right now I was just able to set a password for the switch. I did give it IP address with a subnet and create a IP address to the default gateway that matches my Ethernet port on my laptop. 

Maybe I’m following so old instructions and it might be a simpler way to get everything back, but I’m not to familiar with the commands for the ruckus.

Do mind assisting me to get everything set and then I can following other instructions to configure the port to on the switch to be active and adjust the ports speeds as well. 

Hi @mpyrtle 

Our switches are designed to be "plug and play" for Lennar customers, meaning they come without any specific configurations. The ISP provides the IP address to our ICX devices, and consequently, the gateway is also provided by the ISP; we do not set it ourselves. However, we can verify the port speed and the Power over Ethernet (PoE) settings, which enable the power supply to your access points.

For the ICX7150-C12P model, the specifications are as follows: RUCKUS ICX 7150 Compact Switch with 12×10/100/1000 Mbps PoE+ ports, 2×1 GbE RJ45 uplink ports, and 2×1 GbE SFP uplink ports, which can be upgraded to 2×10 GbE SFP+ with a license. It has a PoE budget of 124 W.

To check the speed and PoE settings, you can use the following commands:

#show interface ethernet x/x/x (port number)
Example:
#show interface ethernet 1/1/1

Note: Typically, the interface/port speed is configured as "speed auto," meaning the port auto-negotiates the speed, allowing devices to communicate at the maximum speed supported by both ends of the connection.

You can also use the command below to display inline power information:

#show inline power  

Please check this guide: Most common Setups for Lennar homes users

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens