cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Related Question

JO
New Contributor

Hello all,

I am new to Ruckus and recently procured 3 Brocade FCX 624S switches which I have successfully formed a stack with. SW: Version 08.0.20cT7f1.

However, My attention has been drawn the issue of a possible need for software and firmware reinstall or upgrade after replacing a switch component or the switch itself.

My question is;

I know that all the switches in a stack must run the same OS version but are there instances where I would need to reinstall or upgrade the OS or firmware of the switch during or after replacing either a component or the entire switch?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

If you need to replace a switch, this is a possibility, yes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

Hi Jo,

You may need a copy of the software for future use. However as those switch models go full End-of-Life at the end of this month (24th July 2022) - you will no longer be receive support or replacements from Ruckus. https://ruckus-support.s3.amazonaws.com/private/documents/1537/brocade-fastiron-cx-series-end-of-lif...

I've just checked and the FastIron software for FCX is still available on the Ruckus support website (support.ruckuswireless.com).  

You may need privileged access to download it, in which case you will need to contact Ruckus support, as this is normally achieved by having a support contract.

I hope that helps,
Darrel.

Hello DarrelRhodes,

Thanks for responding to my post.

Permit me to ask again.

Is there a situation where I would have to reinstall either the software or firmware after replacing a component or the switch itself?

Thank you.

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

If you need to replace a switch, this is a possibility, yes.