cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus to HP switch

John94
New Contributor

hi network master's, just had a unexpected issue here, im running 3 icx switch. L3 and two L2 unfortunately and strange reason my L2 went down for good as a temporay solution i used our old HP switch as L2 switch. my problem is im am not really familiar configuring this model. here is my setup

ruckus switch L3
I created a LAG uplink for HP

lag uplink dynamic id 1
ports ethe 1/2/1
port-name Uplink ethernet 1/2/1

SWI-CORE#show lldp neighbors
1/2/1       7446.a025.9d40 876085248        48       SWKGPS-HP1

SWI-CORE#show lag
Port Link State Dupl Speed Trunk Tag Pvid Pri MAC Name
1/2/1 Up Forward Full 1G 1 Yes 254 0 903a.7227.ca50 Uplink

on switch-hp1 i created a trunk for uplink port 48 which succesfully establish the connection, however i am not sure how to configure the uplink for my switch-hp2. just wondering if you guys experience to config HP switch?

Please help, thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi John 

Thank you for reaching us

Apologies but we do not support other vendor products as the protocols they use and the behavior may differ when compared and could be vendor specific. 

It would be better if you could reach out to them and verify if the setup or steps taken by you are correct or needs changes. 

I suppose the switch you are using is HP Procurve. Below are few links that I could find that may help you but to confirm if the same is correct please do verify with Aruba support. 

Link to create lag on the switch and mapping to vlan on HP Procurve:

Details about tagging and untagging ports on HP Procurve:

HP Procurve 2510 configuration and management guide:

Aruba Community link: Check if you can post a query here.

I hope the above details help you

Thanks 

John94
New Contributor

Hi Chandini,

I didn't expect to see you here again. I'd like to thank you again for your help with our network issues the other day. You were truly helpful.

However, I'm still struggling with one last thing. I managed to create a trunk link to my second HP switch, but I'm not sure if I did it correctly. According to the R1 report, I'm duplicating an IP from the HP switches, which is true because that's the only way to get an IP address from the VLAN.

I think it would be straightforward if I could configure the uplink as a stackport, but unfortunately, we don't have an SFP module for this ICX switch. I hope the network will last for six weeks 😅

thank you,

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi John

Ack and Thanks for reverting back to us. 

With regard to below statement:

"""

According to the R1 report, I'm duplicating an IP from the HP switches, which is true because that's the only way to get an IP address from the VLAN.

""""

Does this mean you are seeing duplicate entries on the R1 events ? Could you please share a picture of the message you are seeing ?

Thanks