cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Configuration Tools

ericbord
New Contributor

I'm interested in finding a tool to convert a backed-up switch configuration into a list of commands that will recreate the configuration when run in order.  So far I think NTCfgCompare might be an option.  The idea is that it will help me better understand the network I've recently been hired to manage.  Anyone have any other recommendations?

2 REPLIES 2

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Ericbord

Thank you for reaching us.

• Could you help me with more details about the tool you mentioned NTCfgCompare ? To understand the requirement better. 
  • Could you please let me know if you are looking forward to note about the running configuration on the switch where you can view the setup configuration ?
  • Are you managing switch using GUI ? 

Thanks 

jdryan
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Ericbord, 

Adding to the above, if the backed-up config statements for the switches are being used as a template, once the template like structure is formed, you could use an python scritp made using Netmiko Library, for a sequential execution of the statements, 

However when forming the template as such : you would need to make sure of few things such as port numbers, ip addresses etc, and settings such as the passwords that are a part of the config but which are encrypted : you would need to specify this as a plaintext statement in-order for the same to be applied. 

This would be an Easier way : as you can have the script designed either in VS code or Anaconda IDE. 

Do let us know your thoughts ! 

Thanks !