cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX8200 configuration for ping/SSH

Goalmaster6
New Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am a newbie to Ruckus equipment and even more specifically Fastiron 10. We have some 8200 switches in which they are functioning correctly, but I am unable to ping/ssh them. We are inside a shared building and VLAN 1 does nothing on their network, but their equipment has been set to pass through our VLANS. 

For whatever reason, no matter what I try we are unable to SSH/ping the switch from anywhere in the building, but everything else works like WiFi etc. 

Config is very basic, as we are just using the 8200s to for L2 switching. The core switches are doing the L3. We aren't using a management port, so I am hoping to just use one of the other ports for access into the switch. 

Please see config below, and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to get this working. 

Current configuration:
!
ver 10.0.00T253
!
stack unit 1
module 1 icx8200-c08pf-port-management-module
module 2 icx8200-2-sfp-plus-port-20g-module
stack-port ethernet 1/2/1
stack-port ethernet 1/2/2
!
!
!

!
!
!
!
vlan 1 name DEFAULT-VLAN by port
!
vlan 96 name NETWORK by port
tagged ethe 1/1/1
untagged ethe 1/1/8
!
vlan 97 name SERVERS by port
tagged ethe 1/1/1
!
vlan 99 name USERS by port
tagged ethe 1/1/1
untagged ethe 1/1/2 to 1/1/7
!
vlan 100 by port
tagged ethe 1/1/1 ethe 1/1/8
!
!
!
!
!
ip route 0.0.0.0/0 10.20.96.1
!
!
ip dns domain-list 
ip dns server-address 
ip tftp blocksize 8192
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
interface management 1
!

!

!

!
interface ve 1
ip address 10.20.96.20 255.255.255.0

We have some older switches running fastiron8, and these can be pinged/ssh into no problem, so I believe the issue is local to the 8200s. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Goalmaster6
New Contributor II

Hi Ben,

I've fixed it within the last hour! My IP was on the wrong ve, needed to be on ve 96 instead of ve 1. Everything is working as expected now! 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Goalmaster6
New Contributor II

I also have user accounts configured etc and can login via console to the switch, I just excluded them from the config.

Thanks

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Goalmaster6

Thank you for reaching us.

Noted on the concerns. Could you upgrade the switch to 10.0.10c_cd2 and test if you see any changes ?

Let me know how it goes. Below are few links that will help you upgrade the switch

How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive

How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P via TFTP

Thanks 

Hi there,

Just upgraded the switch, but the behaviour is exactly the same. What's confusing is that we have a ICX6450 running fastiron 8 with an identical config, and that works without issue.

Struggling to see what is wrong in all honesty.  

Hey @Goalmaster6 

Please open a support case and one of our engineers can troubleshoot with you live. That is likely the best route here.

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Goalmaster6
New Contributor II

Hi Ben,

I've fixed it within the last hour! My IP was on the wrong ve, needed to be on ve 96 instead of ve 1. Everything is working as expected now!