cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX-7450 show interface get 0 counters

btspenser
New Contributor

We have stacked ICX-7450G and ICX-7450GF with 0890 or 0895 sw release. We found the show interface ethernet x/x/1 ~ x/x/24 will show 0 counters after issued clear statistics ethernet x/x/25 ~x/x/48. The counters of ethernet x/x/1 ~ x/x/24 will come back after issue clear statistics ethernet x/x/1 ~ x/x/24. However, the counters of ethernet x/x/25 ~ x/x/48 will change to 0. Is there any solution for this problem?

8 REPLIES 8

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi btspenser ,

Thank you for posting you query !!!

I comprehend that the counter on ports x/x/1-x/x/24 will come back even after issue clear statistic command .

Could you please let us know in counters which values are increasing if it is crc/errors are increasing then this could be a hardware issue and you can follow the below plan of action :

If the crc are increasing then  I am suspecting this could be a layer one issue i.e. physical layer so I would suggest you to try changing the cable/sfp/port with a good know working one in order to isolate the issue and then test weather the crc counters are increasing or not .

Moving Forward If this issue is not resolved , Please log a ticket with the below link so that we will help further

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Please let us know how it goes.

I hope this information helps you

Please feel free to leave us a message if any concerns

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Btspenser

Thank you for reaching us. 

Adding to the post from the problem statement below are the details I could understand and I suppose your concern is more with the clear statistics command itself 

• When you run "clear statistics ethernet 1/1/25 to 1/1/48" you see that the counter value of ports 1/1/1 to 1/1/24 are showing 0
  • When you run "clear statistics ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/24" you start seeing values in the counter. 

Could you help us with below details

• When you say counter value of ports 1/1/1 to 1/1/24 is showing 0 does it mean when you execute command "clear statistics ethernet 1/1/25 to 1/1/48" though you have devices connected on the ports from 1/1/1 to 1/1/24 the counter value shows "0" but link is "Up" or you mean that even counters "1/1/1 to 1/1/24" are also reset to 0 ?
  • Are end devices connected on all ports for this unit ?
  • Could you help us with current switch version ? 

If "clear statistics " is executed all interfaces stats will be cleared

If "clear statistics ethernet <port number>" is executed then only the port stats will be cleared 

Below is the link about more details about this command:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-08095-commandref/page/GUID-E5BD7F67-C52C-4174-A427-7CE262...

I hope the above details helps

Thanks 

btspenser
New Contributor

Please tell me how to paste the screenshot on this page then I can show the problem I have met.

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Btspenser

Use the below option you see on the post to upload a picture. 

s2.png

Thanks