cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX-7250-24P Input errors on SFP+ ports with DAC cables.

Solkre
New Contributor

I'm running a ICX7250 just for the 10Gb ports.  I have DAC cables going to other devices that are Unifi.  A UDM-Pro and a USW Enterprise 8 PoE.  The Unifi hardware show no errors input or output.

On the 7250 I'm getting a very low, but consistent number of input errors on ports 1/2/2 and 1/2/4.  Port 1/2/8 is using a 10Gb RJ45 module and doesn't give me any trouble and is connected to a server.  I imagine by % these errors are harmless but they're annoying to see.  Any suggestions on what I could do?  The DAC cables are these.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08YNHZ8TK

1/2/2 23608391 26113389 85 0
1/2/4 39535845 44427007 228 0
1/2/8 23894733 16690509 0 0

2 REPLIES 2

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Solkre ,

Thank you for posting you query !!!

I comprehend that you're facing input errors on ports 1/2/2 and 1/2/4 on icx 7250 .
So the DAC cables that you are using is not ruckus . Hence in order to isolate the issue I would suggest
you to use ruckus dac cables and let us know if the input errors are reduced or not .

Moving Forward If this issue is not resolved , Please log a ticket with the below link so that we will help you further.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

I hope this information helps you

Please feel free to leave us a message if any concerns

Thanks

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Solke

Thanking you reaching us. 

Adding to the post. You can also use the below commands to understand more about the traffic and further isolation. It is recommended to use Ruckus transceivers/DAC cables with the Ruckus devices and the below commands will help you compare your existing transceivers/DAC cables with Ruckus transceivers/DAC cables in case you switch to Ruckus transceivers/DAC cables. 

If both ends are connected to Switch. Below commands to be check from end to end on both switches. 

Commands:

• Show interface ethernet <port number where transceiver is inserted >
  • Show statistics ethernet <port number where transceiver is inserted >
  • Show media validation

Below link will help you to understand more on diagnosis about the optics related concerns. 

I hope this helps

Thanks