Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 -TFTP issues

hayder_al_windi
New Contributor III

hello experts,

I have two ICX switches 7150 .

* I was trying to copy the configuration from the switch to TFTP or vise versa 

* The TFTP and the switch are on the same subnet , ping successful from the laptop to switch , Ping failed from switch to laptop 

_ I left the switch port that connect to laptop untagged on default Vlan , still not successful to ping the laptop from the switch 

- I have created Vlan on the switch and tagged on the switch port connect to Laptop ,still not successful to ping the laptop from the switch .

_I have created Vlan on the switch and this time untagged on the switch port connect to Laptop ,still not successful to ping the laptop from the switch .

on other troubleshooting effort 

- I have connected USB stick to switch and tried to copy the configuration from the USB to switch but it giving me error code 2

_ I have tried to copy the configuration from the switch to USB stick , it show me "copy done"

but actually when I checked the USB there is no configuration file 

switch firmware version is 08.0.90eT211

any further troubleshooting tips ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

Considering you had a successful ping one way, I would lean towards something on the laptop/tftp device blocking the communication. Also double-check subnet masks to make sure they match. I would go back to that one-way ping scenario and check those items. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

chris_storck
New Contributor II

Have you checked to see if the firewall on your laptop is blocking incoming TFTP?

@chris_storck

I did that , no firewall rule 

also I tried different laptop , I thought maybe company laptop has some firewall rule but even the personal laptop didnt work 

also I tried to use USB stick but no luck either 

BenBeck

Considering you had a successful ping one way, I would lean towards something on the laptop/tftp device blocking the communication. Also double-check subnet masks to make sure they match. I would go back to that one-way ping scenario and check those items. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

@ben_beck 

thanks ben , so I found the problem on TFTP blocking UDP traffic but now I have another problem 

I can download config file from the switch to PC "TFTP" But cant upload config file from PC "TFTP" to switch , it giving me error code 1 . I looked up on Ruckus portal and not much details about error code 1

Image_ images_messages_60e9042f8ec49518f5913d1f_4b5baaae92aaed3730046e4118972e5e_TFTP-0cccc93f-e486-46aa-8e0c-55fb77f634d9-548108425.PNG

http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/fastiron/08.0.60/fastiron-08060-monitoringguide/GUID-64C2EDC0-CC65-42...