cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX-7150-C12P in router mode. Don’t have login info

Jeremy813
New Contributor

Purchased a Lennar home from previous owner had power outage and now ICX 7150 is showing up in router mode no switches showing in the unleashed dashboard. I can’t login to the switch using the ip address. How can I reconfigure it back to switch mode? I am using a MacBook Air with no Ethernet ports. Please help thank you!!

2 REPLIES 2

kamlesh_murthyr
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Jeremy813 

I do understand that you are unable to access switch through IP address as well you need change firmware to be in switch mode. Please do provide below details so it will be helpful to provide the exact solution.

1. May I know how you are trying to access the switch with ip address through SSH. Telnet or Http/https ?

Try access the switch through console and do check whether you are able to login in to the switch.

2. May I know the current firmware version which is running in the switch so that will share you switch version firmware link and you can upgrade the switch version in the switch. Please do share the following outputs : "show version" "show flash"

Regards,

Kamlesh M

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Jeremy813

Adding to the post. Below is the link using which you can access the switch using console. 

Link to access the switch using console:

Once you are able to access the switch on console run the below commands

• Run "show version" this will display current version running on the switch and check if its booting from primary or secondary image 
  • Run "show flash" and this will display version running on primary and secondary flash

For example:

ICX7650_test# show flash
Stack unit 1:
Compressed Pri Code size = 66241220, Version:09.0.10hT231 (TNS09010h_cd2.bin)
Compressed Sec Code size = 64343192, Version:08.0.95hT233 (TNR08095h.bin)
Compressed Pri Boot Code size = 1573376, Version:10.1.26T235 (tnu10126)
Compressed Sec Boot Code size = 1573376, Version:10.1.25T235 (tnu10125)
Code Flash Free

• Now check "SPS" for 7150 is displayed in Primary or secondary. In above example we have switch code "TNS" in primary flash
  • Then  based on the flash where switch image is present accordingly boot the switch using "boot system flash primary" or "boot system flash secondary". As per above example I will run "boot system flash primary" as my switch code is in primary flash. 
  • This should boot the switch from switch code and help resolve the problem.

I hope this helps

Thanks