cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS 7150-c12p / R510 X 2 setup question

dan_auga
New Contributor
I about to close on my house which in installed with a ICS 7150-c12P + 2 access points R510.  They builder doesn't do the configuration themselves.  But have a installer we can setup a few weeks after we close.  But we seen / heard to many in the hood have trouble with this installer as it done incorrectly.

I am a computer network and repair guy by trade.  But have no experience with Ruckus.  I have read some forums and lots of youtube videos.

My  questions.

1. If want the 7150 DHCP to use 192.168.2.0 ranges do I setup this BEFORE I do the setup
using the configure-me wifi connection and connected to the unleash.

If so I do I setup the DHCP server on the 7150 and use the 192.168.2.0 range what the best steps.

Or is it best to connect to the web IP to the 7150 that I setup via the usb c console, change the
DHCP.  Then do I start the R510 master and slave configuration.

2.  Are the 12 ports POE on by default?  Or is this a step that needs to be done prior to setup of the configure-me...  proces.

Thank You
3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi DAN,

It is best if you configure the devices in below flow.
  1. Configure ICX switch and create a DHCP pool.
  2. Once ICX is configured to lease IP addresses, connect the R510s to the ICX switch on one of the available PoE ports.
  3. PoE is enabled by default on all the supported ports, so you do not need to enable it manually. For more info, refer the online document here.
  4. Once R510 gets an IP, you can access the first AP and then configure it as master AP.
  5. Once master setup is done, plug the rest of the APs to the same network and member AP will connect automatically, upgrade and will get the configuration from master.
  6. Now you are ready to connect wireless device to Unleashed network for internet access.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

dan_auga
New Contributor
Thank you for your replay.

is there a good doc for a procedure of setting up a dhcp server on the 7150 and defining the network.

The second part of the this setup. To my best understanding that is our isp deliveries a cat 6 cable directly to ourhome basement with a non static ip. We been told by neighbors we connect this cable to one of the 12 ports. Will a route or any setup need to be performed to have them see the internet via ths port?

Hi Dan,

Could you check with your ISP, what type of internet connection they are providing?

You can find Command referance guide, DHCP guide and management guide from below links for ICX switches.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/3053-fastiron-08-0-92-ga-command-reference-guide/downlo... 

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/3059-fastiron-08-0-92-ga-dhcp-configuration-guide/downl...

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/3047-fastiron-08-0-92-ga-management-configuration-guide...

It is for 08092 version.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn