cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong IP on mobile device using unleashed Configure.Me.xxxxxx

johan_nielsen
New Contributor
Hi

got this strange issue, when I connect to SSID : Configure.Me.xxxxxx, I get an IP address on my Iphone 10.154231.166 and router is 10.154.231.125.

Even the AP is connected to a network with a working DHCP on 192.168.10.xxx
this mean I can't configure the Unleashed network for the "Unleashed mobile APP"

Any ideas ?
3 REPLIES 3

johnson_nguyen_
New Contributor II
I had the same issue and configured the AP by using the IP address. After getting it set up I followed the instructions in this post by Paul for adding it to remote management on the app. I still can't connect to unleashed.ruckuswireless.com within the network but the IP works fine. 

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/ruckus-app-says-you-are-not-connected-to-ule...

karthik
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Johan,

Configure.Me.xxx is the default SSID on a factory default AP for ease of initial configuration.
10.154.231.125 is the default IP address of AP WLAN interface propagating Configure.Me.xxx SSID.

AP is running a DHCP server for wireless clients of Configure.Me.xxx SSID. This DHCP server gives IP in 10.154.231.x subnet with AP's IP as the default gateway and DNS server. Pl remember this is a temporary SSID for initial configuration only.

Once your client connected Configure.Me.xxxx, use mobile app or web to visit unleashed.ruckuswireless.com or 10.154.231.125 to do the initial configuration. The initial setup wizard will configure your new SSID and remove configure.me.xxx SSID.

AP's Wired port should have got an IP address from your existing DHCP Server. You are good to access using that IP address too. 

HTH
Karthik.

Thanks
Karthik.

karthik
RUCKUS Team Member