cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection requirements for ZD Remote App

provoke_techs
New Contributor

I've deployed a ZD1200 (running 9.12.2.0 build 101), and published the Web UI remotely on HTTPS so I can connect to it via the ZD Remote Control App (Android client in my specific case).

I can login from my mobile via the web browser (which proves publishing and IP restrictions are working), but when I try to login via the ZDRC app, I get an error message that says "The request timed out due to either IP changed or invalid IP, Please login again". This returns almost instantly, so a timeout seems unlikely, and the DNS is correct as its the same address I use in the mobile browser that works fine.

Am I missing something? I couldn't find any documentation relating to setup requirements for the ZDRC app, so assume there's nothing special required.

Does the app support a hostname for the ZD or does it have to connect via IP only?

11 REPLIES 11

provoke_techs
New Contributor

Ok so have tested IP access and that works, so it appears the ZDRC app doesn't support hostname access. That's somewhat limiting. Oh well.

Hopefully this saves someone else a headache

craig_owens
New Contributor II
I have exact same issue but it doesn't work with the ZD IP either. Returns instant reply same as post in OP.

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi All,

Just for info, ZD remote app is only supported till 10.3.0.0.362 version.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

I'm running 10.2.1.0 build 183 (recommended for ZD1200 as for now) and it looks like it's not compatible with ZDRC.

If you take a private key and check how ZDRC talks to ZD, you'll notice it authenticates using /admin/login.jsp, but the mentioned fw supports /admin10 only. At least if I try to submit a request using postman to /admin/ it always throws an internal error.

Image_ images_messages_5f995668bd255008d3779f2e_b7ef1e6396d1955dd346e5982fd8ac2f_zdrc-1e0b3e13-1cb3-4cff-a7d3-df1c35470c89-212815722.png
Authentication fails with an error, ZDRC doesn't work.

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Request Error

Error logged at the server

Enable EjsErrors to see errors in the browser.