cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T710 and T610 running 6.1.1 firmware

mpaine
New Contributor II

I have a bunch of Ruckus T710 and T610 access points that are currently running 5.2.2.0.2069 firmware that I'd like to upgrade to 6.1.1.0.1274 firmware so that they are aligned with our Data Plane. When I trigger an upgrade on our controller for theses APs, the AP seems to complete the firmware upgrade, but then goes into what seems like a boot loop. It will just continually say "[system recovery for target failure]" after the upgrade completes. If I SSH into the AP, I can see that it is running 6.1.1.0.1274 firmware. 

These AP models are said to be compatible with 6.1.1 per the Ruckus upgrade guide. Is there a common reason they would not be successfully upgrading?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpaine
New Contributor II

It appears to correct this issue, the T710 and T610 models must be upgraded to 6.1.1 and then immediately factory reset and re-provisioned. Once this procedure is done, the rebooting issue stops and the AP functions as normal on 6.1.1 firmware. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

@Dilshad_Zafar about every 5 minutes or so, see the attached event log

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 12.41.32 PM.png

Dilshad_Zafar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @mpaine , Could you go to the Zone advanced settings and check what is the AP reboot timeout configured there? May I also know how many APs are there in that zone and how many of them are showing this behaviour?

Dilshad_Zafar_0-1710781425526.png

Regards,

Md. Dilshad Zafar | Sr TSE | RCWA | RASZA | RACPA | RUCKUS Networks

In the zone I am migrating from (5.2.2) the settings are 30 minutes and 2 hours as shown above. In the zone I am migrating to (6.1.1), the settings are also 30 minutes and 2 hours. There are about 30 T710 and T610 units in this zone that exhibit this behavior when upgraded. 

Dilshad_Zafar
RUCKUS Team Member

Thanks @mpaine , Could you please pull out AP support log from one of such APs and share the logs just beneath the string "### Kernel Oops ###"

Regards,

Md. Dilshad Zafar | Sr TSE | RCWA | RASZA | RACPA | RUCKUS Networks

This is what is displayed below:

### Kernel Oops ###
0xdf400000[0]: Image: type=1 index=1 total_boot=13