cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus r510 will not pickup home Wi-Fi

don_varner
New Contributor

In my ne Lennar home, I have att internet. The ruckus 510 does not pick home Wi-Fi. The power light blinks green.  I’ve unplugged the ap and still blinks green. Help!

don

dwv@circlzz com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

david_black_594
Contributor III

The R510 is not receiving an IP address from the ATT router.  Please check the cable between the Ruckus switch and the ATT router (unplug both ends and plug in again to ensure that both ends are properly seated).  If possible, connect a laptop to the Ruckus switch using an ethernet cable and report if you have internet access. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sunny_gupta
Contributor II

When the power light blinks green that means the Access Point is not able to get a network IP address.  It could be your ISP modem/router as they are generally configured to provide this automatically using a protocol called DHCP.

I would try to connect a device directly to the switch port (like a laptop) with Ethernet cable and see if it gets an IP and connected to the internet.  You should also connect directly to the ISP modem to see where the problem lies.

You may also want to reboot your modem from the internet provider.

@sunny_gupta thank you, I’ll try those suggestions and get back to you. Don

david_black_594
Contributor III

The R510 is not receiving an IP address from the ATT router.  Please check the cable between the Ruckus switch and the ATT router (unplug both ends and plug in again to ensure that both ends are properly seated).  If possible, connect a laptop to the Ruckus switch using an ethernet cable and report if you have internet access.