cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a compatible WiFi Power Plug

peter_riederer_
Contributor

Hello everyone,

i am looking for a compatible Power Plug which can be used in a Ruckus Environment.

Already tried one from SmartLife but it will not work.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Regards

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

Hi Peter, I have previously used a Tapo (part of TP-Link) smart Wi-Fi power-plug. https://www.tapo.com/uk/product/smart-plug/tapo-p100/

The Tapo device connected and worked fine to my Ruckus network ... but had VERY poor Wi-Fi signal sensitivity.  At approx 10 metres from the AP and behind a desk it had an intermittent signal.

However I have a colleague with a Ruckus network in his business and he uses them extensively and is very pleased with their performance.

I would recommend creating a new WLAN specifically for the Power Plug devices, so you can disable many of the 'smart' Wi-Fi features that are enabled as standard and hugely benefit 'standard' devices such as smart phones, laptops, etc.

Please note; the above recommendation is my personal view and not the official response of CommScope or Ruckus Networks.

I hope that helps,
Darrel.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

Hi Peter, I have previously used a Tapo (part of TP-Link) smart Wi-Fi power-plug. https://www.tapo.com/uk/product/smart-plug/tapo-p100/

The Tapo device connected and worked fine to my Ruckus network ... but had VERY poor Wi-Fi signal sensitivity.  At approx 10 metres from the AP and behind a desk it had an intermittent signal.

However I have a colleague with a Ruckus network in his business and he uses them extensively and is very pleased with their performance.

I would recommend creating a new WLAN specifically for the Power Plug devices, so you can disable many of the 'smart' Wi-Fi features that are enabled as standard and hugely benefit 'standard' devices such as smart phones, laptops, etc.

Please note; the above recommendation is my personal view and not the official response of CommScope or Ruckus Networks.

I hope that helps,
Darrel.

@darrel_rhodes thanks a lot i will give it a try. they are not really expensive so the order is already placed 😉