You can manage APs on native VLAN 1 or in a different one.
- For managing APs on native VLAN 1, connect the ZD and all the APs in access ports with VLAN 1 (check APs are joined to the ZD and show connected under Monitor > Access Points on ZD GUI).
- To change to a different VLAN, follow the steps below:
- Under Configure > Access Points go to Access Point Policies, select Management VLAN and select VLAN ID as 20 (this is an example). When applied all the APs will get disconnected.
- Under Configure > System go to Device IP Settings and change ACCESS VLAN* to 20 and Apply
- Now connect the ZD to a trunk port with VLAN 1 untagged and 20 tagged
- Connect APs to trunk ports in which VLAN 1 is untagged and 20, 21 , 22.. are tagged
- Here 21, 22 .. are for configuring WLAN/SSIDs with corresponding VLANs
- Now the APs will join back to ZD and will show connected.
Make sure there is Inter VLAN routing Enabled between VLAN 1 and VLAN 20 , if you want to access the ZD or the APs from VLAN 1.