cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dhcp request problem in 5Ghz wifi roaming on samsung s10.

jungyu_park
New Contributor III

R610 / Unleashed 200.12.10.105.129

Hello.

Have any issue in the title been reported?
I sent data such as client logs and AP packet captures to Samsung for a month, but the answer I got back was, please contact the AP manufacturer.

The problem is that whenever my S10+ roams at 5Ghz, it gets a new dhcp.
It happens on both wpa2 and wpa3, no problem at 2.4Ghz.

I tested roaming on s10+, z flip3, tab s6 lite, tab s8, but there is only a problem with s10+ 5ghz.

I left a request again, including a google link with images of client trouble shooting, but I'm also posting here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KwJQPJws09W5LmarJI21SF_uyV5L7pPh?usp=share_link

s10+-3.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @jungyu_park,

This seems like an issue on client device side because I do see roaming happening correctly (you can see re-association frames in the connection trace).

Please note, AP doesn't interrupt or temper client IP acquisition (other than VLAN configuration on WLAN and if you enable force DHCP).

A packet capture and AP logs may help here but for that I would suggest opening a support case for better troubleshooting and quicker resolution.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

There was a firmware update for the s10+ this morning. (G975NKSU7HVJ5)

Samsung replied to my inquiry, "Please talk to the AP manufacturer", and "if you have any additional questions, you should ask again with a new log."

But strangely, after updating to the new firmware, the problem cannot be reproduced.

That's right. Now, even when roaming at 5Ghz, dhcp does not renew.

It feels like it's been resolved.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Great, this means it was an issue with phone's software and Samsung was not ready to accept it.

You may want to post the results/solution with Samsung and ask them how it got fixed by updating the device firmware.

Anyway, good to know that it is working fine now.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn