cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet disconnecting and reconnecting every 15min at times

Ruckususer1
New Contributor
  1. I am not able to consistently use the unleash app sometimes I can get into the app and view my issues and most of the day it says: “Unable to reach unleashed network remotely. Ensure this unleashed network has internet connection and remote management is enabled.” (I am logging in from my normal device no changes to users)
  2. Internet is dropping from “all” devices using with any of the Ruckus access points. (Honeywell thermostat gives me notifications every 15mintues that the device is not connected to the internet)
  3. I can log onto my computer to see the unleashed network information and it appears everything is connected, and the software is update. I have not made any changes since purchasing my Lennar home. Internet company came out checked everything on 1/7/2023 and ran test and the internet is working fine for their end.

I clicked on trouble shooting and I picked the honey well device, it originally received “Reason: (code 6) Received class2 frame from non-auth STA” and then continued to try and trouble shoot is continues to ask me if I want to extend trouble shooting for the past 30 minutes. I am not familiar with Ruckus troubleshooting and need help figuring out what is wrong. I am not able to work using the internet due to this issue and then issue has been going on for weeks.

troubleshoot1.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Ayush_Tripathi
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Ruckus support.

1) Regarding the unleashed mobile app issue, please confirm if the issue is on the iPhone or android as well. 

2) Confirm the FW version and model of the AP.

Please follow the below steps for the unleashed mobile app issue-

1- Uninstall the Mobile App in the cellphone and try again.

2- Try to Log in using credentials for Google or Facebook, etc.

3- Test with another cellphone available.

If the current firmware being used is not updated or is an old one, please proceed with the upgrade.

If the steps provided before did not work, it is necessary to gain access to the Unleashed Dashboard to perform more steps to synchronize the Mobile App with the Unleashed Dashboard.

Go to:
- Admin & Services

- Administer

○ Mobile App

§ Remote Management

Under this Tab the "Enable Mobile App remote Management" must be enabled

2) Regarding the device which are not getting the internet connection please confirm the below:-

- Send the screen shot of the WLAN configuration.

- If the issue with Honeywell devices, try to disable the 802.11r and 802.11k because most of the Honeywell device doesn't support these protocols.

- Reason code 6 describe that client is not getting authenticated  , please check if client is getting IP and check if client is able to ping the gateway and DNS server.

Ruckususer1
New Contributor

Hello,

I am accessing the unleashed app via apple mobile and Ipad. Remote management is enabled. I click to test the mobile app notification. I see the notification on my apple device but when I click on it goes blank. I refresh to go back into the app and I get the error "ensure this unleashed network has internet connection and remote management is enabled."  I am able to access this app sometimes via these same apple devices and I am connected using the same wifi as the unleashed. I can log in via PC With no issues when I can get internet access.

I do notice when logging on via PC to the unleash dashboard that the internet shows disconnected when I select to trouble shoot a device but the internet quickly turns back on.

Today I Also showed the gateway and DNS had an x  in the dashboard but when I click refresh it came back on. I am noticing when I am connected to the internet I am getting very slow speeds. Screen shot attached.

I am not sure how to disable 802.11r and 802.11k for the honeywell thermostat. How would I do this? For now I have taken this device off of the unleash network and it is working fine.

Reason code 6 yes I was able to check IP and ping gateway and DNS. No issues just reason code 6 for honeywell consistently and all other devices at times.

All my devices connect to the internet but the continuously disconnect saying there is no internet connection through the day or the speeds are very slow where internet searches are taking time to load or just freeze and I get an error message to check my connection.

PC Updated.jpg

AP TESTAP TESTAP2.jpgAP3.jpgAP4.jpgno switch.jpg