cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ssh connection: login successful -> disconnected (ICX7150)

peer_joachim_ko
New Contributor II
Hi,
I'm trying to setup two ICX-7150. First I configure a certificate, a ssh-key and a user.
I can login using a web browser or a serial connection, but ssh fails.
A password prompt is shown, I get connected (the session prompt is shown), but the session is terminated immediately.
Any idea ?
10 REPLIES 10

BenBeck
Your debug destination is set to console there. That means you would have to be physically consoled to the device to get it. You can redirect the output with 'debug destination ssh
Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

peer_joachim_ko
New Contributor II
Yes, I'm using minicom and a usb2serial adapter to get administrative access. Using a second console  window I can also try to connect using ssh.

bruce_o_donnell
New Contributor
What SSH client are you using?
Putty seems to be compatible with most things.
I like TeraTerm which used to have SSHv1 only so had issues with some SSH implementations. Make sure you are using the latest version of whatever supporting SSHv2.

peer_joachim_ko
New Contributor II
Well, on Windows I tried putty. Now the switches are next to my normal working machine running ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
"ssh -V
OpenSSH_7.2p2 Ubuntu-4ubuntu2.4, OpenSSL 1.0.2g  1 Mar 2016"

But you are on the right way! I tested an very old ssh client ( ssh 3.2.9) - this one IS working.
So the settings of the ssh on the switch do NOT work with new ssh clients. I'll check the settings!

peer_joachim_ko
New Contributor II
OK, I found the problem. I have enabled X-forwarding in my ssh config. This is killing the connection!
Using "ssh -x ...." (-x disables the forwarding for the connection under linux) everything is working.
Never saw this problem before on any device ....
Thanks for the help!

Bye