cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp for...The system started at 01:44:02 Eastern Wed Apr 27 2022....keeps changing.

chardto
New Contributor

As the subject mentions. When you do a "show ver" on an ICX7550 you get the following output towards the bottom. This command was run today at 4:00p EST.

---
The system started at 01:44:02 Eastern Wed Apr 27 2022
---

The system started time above is 01:44:02. I've noticed this time changes depending on when you issue the "show ver" command. For instance on this switch when I issued the command this morning (9:30a) it returned the following. "The system started at 01:42:55 Eastern Wed Apr 27 2022". To me the "system started" time should not change as its the time when the system started. Why does it keep drifting? I have 8 of these switches and they all drift over time. Go in to one switch and issue the sho ver command and record the output. Then wait for an hour and go back to the same switch and enter the show ver command again. Just the time it took me to write this and run the command again shows: "The system started at 01:44:06 Eastern Wed Apr 27 2022" so its drifted 4 seconds in that time.

All switches are running 08.0.95f

Thanks,

chardto

7 REPLIES 7

Yes, we did but somehow only two out of the eight switch have the support we expect. I have contacted support and they are now looking in to the other six switches. Also, this timestamp drift is prevalent in the 95fc code as well.

Support is now looking in to this anomaly. 

chardto
New Contributor

Case 01343825