cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There was a problem updating a new ICX7150-24 switch. it keeps on bringing Acess verification.

james_aina
New Contributor
There was a problem updating a new ICX7150-24 switch. it keeps on bringing Acess verification. Enter username and password. I have never set any username and password on it. Kindy help.
4 REPLIES 4

BenBeck
Hey James, 

There may be some AAA statements causing this. Did you try SSH, telnet and console? If you are locked out of all three, I would recommend opening a support case and one of our engineers can help you recover. 

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/cases/new
Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

ravi_vatsavai
New Contributor II
I believe the upgrade is to 8090 release. Beginning this release, ICX has a default username and password and has the SSH turned ON by default. The default credentials are super (for username) and sp-admin (for password) when you are trying to access the switch using SSH/Telnet/Console/Web. Once you are in, aaa settings can be removed to open up access to the switch.

martin_martin
Valued Contributor
and on first time login with super/sp-admin you are prompted to change the password.

Kind regards
Martin

netwizz
Contributor III
I was just going to say that.  If it is not updated to 08090, then you need to do a password recovery.  If that is the case, press 'b' to interrupt boot and type "no password" without the quotes.  Then I believe it is just 'boot'