cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack of ICX-7250's see's unit 2 rebooting on it's own while running SPR08090d.bin (UFI) SW: Version 08.0.

james_petty
New Contributor

Has anyone seen the issue where a stack of ICX-7250's see's unit 2 rebooting on it's own while running SPR08090d.bin (UFI) SW: Version 08.0.90dT213?  If so did upgrading the code to a higher version SPR08090K.bin (UFI) resolve the issue or did you have to downgrade to a stable version?

3 REPLIES 3

BenBeck

Hey James, 

This would need proper investigation to really know for sure. You could certainly open a case (see my signature) and we can help with that. We would need a supportsave:

*sent to external tftp server

supportsave all <tftp-ip-addr> /

If you would like to try an upgrade, I would recommend 8090mc at this time. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

@ben_beck​ 

Hello Ben,  We had two separate ICX-7250 stacks running the same version of code do the same thing.  One was actually deployed in a production environment and the other was racked as a spare with just the stacking configuration on it.  The common denominator was they both had the same version of code on them SPR08090d.bin (UFI).  I have support ticket opened with Ruckus and so far they have told there is no known bug or issue with the code although we are still working through the case.

Hey James, 

If you gather a supportsave, we should be able to check if there is a core (crash) file. We can then analyze that core file to see if it matches to any known defect. 8090d is pretty dated at this point. We would probably recommend you upgrade regardless as a best practice, but the most definitive route would be analyze that crash data (assuming it is present). If the case is not progressing as needed, please let me know and I will try to get it expedited. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us