cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX7450-48 debug or packet-capture utilities in CLI

networkeng1168
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to find documentation on utilizing the packet-capture and debug commands from the CLI for the mentioned switch.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I'm trying to debug SNMP trap collection. 

5 REPLIES 5

Hi!
'dm' stands for 'diagnostic mode'. This is a series of commands reserved for TAC usage, so they are not public. I can still share some knowledge with you, though.

'debug destination' will help you print the output of 'dm raw' into the appropriate session.

If you have a stack and you want to print the output in console, make sure you're connected to the console port of the active controller.

'show who' will show you what is the session you're connecting to, to which you should print your output.

'dm raw ?' will give you the possible options as send/receive/exclude management port/ and filters.

'dm raw filter 1' can be used many times with different filters and this will apply as an 'AND'.

If you want to filter with 'OR' you can use filters 2, 3, and 4.

'dm raw filter none' will clear de filters.

The same 'dm raw' command is used to start as well as to stop the printing.

'dm raw' will only capture traffic that is read by the CPU, meaning that hardware-switched traffic is not captured.

I hope this information is useful for you. Let me kno if you had any comments.

With regards,
--
Orlando Elias
Technical Support