cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help finding the sps08091 bin file

mike_neubauer
New Contributor II
Need help finding the sps08091 bin file. I've looked through the downloads and I can't locate it.
12 REPLIES 12

BenBeck
Hey Mike, 

Please log in to your account on support.ruckuswireless.com and then you should be able to download here:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2141-ruckus-icx-fastiron-08-0-91-ga-software-release-zip

I should note that we do not recommend running 8091. I would recommend 8090f or 8092d at the moment. 
Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

mike_neubauer
New Contributor II
I understand. I was just trying to match the secondary version the same as the primary. For some reason the secondary version has a SPR instead of SPS. I was just going to replace the SPR08091.bin to SPS08091.bin so it would be the same as the primary.

I downloaded the file but all I see is SPS08091ufi.bin file. I don't see SPS08091.bin. Am I looking in the wrong place?

BenBeck
Hey Mike, 

'SPS' denotes switching (layer 2) code and 'SPR' denotes routing (layer 3) code. You can actually accomplish what you are trying to do through the CLI. You can issue:

copy flash flash secondary

The above will copy the primary image to secondary. 

You would indeed use that UFI image. That file contains the OS image (SPS08091.bin), boot code, POE firmware, etc. all in one bundle. Once it unpacks itself after copy, you would see the image name you are expecting. I would go ahead with the above command, however, as it will save you the hassle. 
Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

mike_neubauer
New Contributor II
Ok so this command:

copy flash flash secondary

Will copy the primary to the secondary? I just want to be clear. 

Also the switch will not go down or reboot during this process correct?