cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with pre-configuring R500 APs

matt_hodge_d5fx
New Contributor III

Hi - I'm having an issue with trying to get a few R500 APs to preconfigure (in my office) for connection to a ZF3050 controller at another location. Typically I'm able to run putty, connect/log into the device, and run the command "set director IP 192.168.25.50, it says it needs to reboot, and it's done. I take it to the location, connect it to the network, it recognizes the controller, I assign an IP and I'm done.  Now, when I attempt to pre-configure, it displays a message "command is not recognized: set director ip 192.168.25.50". I've reset the device to factory defaults, and still get the message. I've even tried the command "set discovery-agent enable", with the same exact result "command is not recognized: set discovery-agent enable". Does anyone know what could be going on here? I'm not sure why its not recognizing these commands. It's not for just one, it's happening on several I have here. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10

john_woodall_56
New Contributor III

What firmware is on the AP?
(also, this is the wired forum, wireless is next door)

matt_hodge_d5fx
New Contributor III

Thanks for responding - the firmware looks like it’s version 5.2.1.0.1038 

john_woodall_56
New Contributor III

I couldn't get any R500's to work over version 5.1.  You have some already on 5.2.1?
This is all I see for 5.2
Software Downloads | Ruckus Wireless Support

@john_woodall_5689kimfsxmz6 - The Zone director 3050 we have is running version 9.8. Typically I run the set director ip command for the IP of the zone director from my office (to preconfigure it before going to the location of where it will be) then all i need to do is mount it onsite, go to the ZD, it recognizes it, and displays it by mac id, I assign the IP and automatically updates the firmware to 9.8. Thats it. I cant even run the command, because it tells me the "command isnt recognized" - not sure why