cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX-7750 SSH sessions terminate unexpectedly several times in a row

patrick_worsham
New Contributor

This is an intermittent issue. Our 7750 switch will unexpectedly terminate a authenticated SSH session, sometimes several times in a row. Debugging SSH sessions show the log:

Security: SSH logout by un-authenticated SSH user from src IP x.x.x.x from src MAC xxxx.xxxx.xxxx from PRIVILEGED EXEC mode using RSA as Server Host Key.

The drops can happen several times in a row, even during the authentication process.  Just now, i've had a console session going for over an hour.  It's really random and weird.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

Hey Patrick, 

8030 is no longer being actively patched for ICX7xxx devices. I would recommend upgrading to 8090k. However, you will need to upgrade to 8080f (non-UFI - the same image format as 8030) and then upgrade to the 8090k UFI image. You could certainly open a case (see my signature) to get assistance with this. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BenBeck

Hey Patrick, 

What code are you on (show version)? We have had some SSH fixes. If you aren't already there, I would recommend moving to target path 8090k. 

patrick_worsham
New Contributor

SW: Version 08.0.30gT203 

BenBeck

Hey Patrick, 

8030 is no longer being actively patched for ICX7xxx devices. I would recommend upgrading to 8090k. However, you will need to upgrade to 8080f (non-UFI - the same image format as 8030) and then upgrade to the 8090k UFI image. You could certainly open a case (see my signature) to get assistance with this. 

patrick_worsham
New Contributor

Ok, thank you for the tip.