cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 Stacking Issues on 8.0.92 with SmartZone

steven_johnson_
New Contributor II
I am attempting to deploy a new environment and I have a fresh ICX 7150 stack (two switches) that are having problems.
I don't know if I have a bad unit so I wanted to check with the community to see if anyone else has stacked switches on 8.0.92 or 8.0.92c.
First, once the stack is created, and after a period of a few hours, I can no longer configure the stack using the SmartZone 100. I get "Switch configuration update failed" alarms. Eventually the active member will reset its configuration and go back to factory defaults. It loses everything, the SZ configuration too.
I currently have an open ticket with support. They have suggested that I downgrade the firmware to 8.0.90f. I will try that later today but first wanted to check with the community in case anyone else is seeing odd behavior with ICX stacks, firmware 8.0.92, and SZ100 (on 5.2.0.0.685).
7 REPLIES 7

konstantinos_th
New Contributor
I confront few months before a huge problem with ICX7150 and ICX7250. My stack was with two ICX7250.
I had also the same thought with you, i was not sure if i had bad units.
The firmware of mines was older so i tried to upgrade it to 8.0.92 with no success. So i upgraded them to 8.0.90dufi and not to 8.0.90f if i remember well.
The funny thing is that the one of the two stacked switches(ICX7250) couldn't go back to factory default even though i tried many times to reset it.

jijo_panangat
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Steven,

Could you share tac case# for reference pls.

Thanks
Jijo 

steven_johnson_
New Contributor II
Case#: 1075518

I have now tried three firmware versions on the ICX switches (8.0.90f, 8.0.92, and 8.0.92c) and two on the SZ 100 controller (5.2.0.0.685 and 5.2.0.0.699). I am unable to manage switch stacks from the SZ 100. Any changes made are not applied to the switch.

jijo_panangat
RUCKUS Team Member
Thanks Steven,

Can you confirm the switch is connected to sz ? 'show sz status' on switch will do.

Thanks
Jijo