cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access a locked out ICX 7250 with SPR08090ufi? console aaa enabled, no local users

it_vertraege
New Contributor
Hello everyone, I've done a stupid thing, it seems.

I did erase the startup config on an ICX 7250 with aaa console enabled. Result seems to be that I erased the users from the local db, but not the requirement to login with one of those users on the console CLI.

Is there a way to fix this?
3 REPLIES 3

vincent_felisaz
Contributor
Hello,

Did you try the reset password option? Here is the recovering from a lost password process.

If a password has been configured for the device but the password has been lost, you can regain Super User access to the device using the following procedure.

Recovery from a lost password requires direct access to the serial port and a system reset.

1. Start a CLI session over the serial interface to the Ruckus ICX device.
  2. Reboot the device.
  3. While the system is booting, before the initial system prompt appears, enter b to enter the boot monitor mode.
  4. Enter no password. (You cannot abbreviate this command.)
  5. Enter boot. This command causes the device to bypass the system password check.
  6. After the console prompt reappears, assign a new password.
Cheers

it_vertraege
New Contributor
Thanks! That worked. I've searched for all kinds of phrases, but never thought of "lost password" because I thought in terms of "lost user".

simon_pollard
Contributor II
Hi

From 8.0.90 any switch that does not have a startup-config file (which you have erased) will boot up with a default username and p[password, this is the same as we use for our APs;

U: super
P: sp-admin

Note also that in 8.0.90 telnet is disabled by default and SSH enabled.