cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you configure an ICX-7450 with the ICX7400-SERVICE-MOD IPSec Module?

switchdev2845
New Contributor
I have an ICX-7450 48-Port PoE switch with the ICX7400-SERVICE-MOD IPSec hardware module installed and firmware upgraded to the 08.0.80 release.  Following the IPSec section of the Ruckus FastIron I can't get any of the commands for configuring ipsec or ikev2 to work.  They don't even appear as valid commands in the CLI help.  The module is installed and detected at boot up but none of the related commands are available.  What am I missing here is there special firmware I need for the IPSec hardware to work?
5 REPLIES 5

simon_pollard
Contributor II
Hi Pete

There appears to be an issue with 8.0.80 code and the IPsec commands only showing if the L3 license has been enabled. I would suggest opening a TAC case to get them to look at this further and advise on a fix.

william_hadley_
New Contributor III
Pete - You need the L3 premium license installed to be specific.

simon_pollard
Contributor II
The L3 premium license is NOT needed to use the IPsec module, but an issue with the 8.0.80 release means that the commands are not visible without it and this needs to be fixed. 

The workaround is to enable the L3 license until the fix is available. (Note that you should be using the L3 image already to allow the IPsec configuration).

switchdev2845
New Contributor
Thanks for the tip, I generated a trial L3 premium license and the commands appeared.  What is a TAC case?  I originally opened a support ticket about this issue and it was immediately closed saying I didn't have a support contract.  Is this issue fixed in the 08.0.90 release?