cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure an IP helper for DHCP when handling mulitple VLANS

tom_lebel
New Contributor II
I am new to ICX.  I have SPR08061a code running and have Ruckus R610 APs plugged in to multiple ports.  The AP are configured for 4 VLANs via 4 SSIDs (based on OS running on end device and a guest network).
I have my main ICX 7150 plugged into my Internet router (Sonicwall) and also back to server room with a second ICX 7150 wherer DHCP server is.
Question is how do I set up DHCP IP helper so wireless clients each get the appropriate IP from the DHCP server?

I can provide more info if it is needed.

TT24
11 REPLIES 11

tom_lebel
New Contributor II
Igor,

Thank you. I think I am finally getting it. Just as clarification to me, in my case, as the WAPs are plugged in to interfaces 1/1/16-1/1/24 and carry all VLANs, and VLANs router-interfaces on ve 2 and ve 3, should I be putting the ip helper-address in the ve interface, or the physical interfaces?

interface ve 2
 ip address 10.56.2.240 255.255.255.0
 ip helper-address 1 10.56.0.x
0r like:
interface ethernet 1/1/16
 dual-mode
 inline power
 ip helper-address 1 10.56.0.x

?
TT

igor_tunakin
Contributor
Hi Tom,

truthly I did not check the helper feature. I am using the DHCP-Server which is integrated into the switch. And it works fine.

Did you read the guide Brocade FastIron DHCP Configuration Guide, 08.0.61 Part Number: 53-1005199-01? It is wery helpful.

So, if my understanding is correct you have to configure ip helper address in each  ve interface.  hope this helps.

Regards
Igor