cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware solution for Dual WAN gateway to gateway VPN

brendan_boyle
New Contributor

Hello,

I am looking to connect 2 geographically distant (> 5 miles) sites. Both sites have dual WAN fail over, and dynamic IP's from each ISP. I am looking for a hardware (or general solution) recommendation to allow a secure connection between both sites that could withstand a WAN fail over at either or both sites.

This is a small group of computers (<10) with low bandwidth (< 1MB/hour) requirements.

Does Ruckus offers any hardware solution which can help with above setup?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

syamantakomer

Hi Brandan,

You have posted the query under Access points and I don't see your query matching with AP feature set.

Could you confirm what devices you are using and review if question is posted under correct product category?

Regards,
Syamantak Omer
Official Rep | Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RASZA | RICXI

@syamantak_omer

Currently, I don't have any hardware, I am looking for a suggestion on what to buy for this case. More than happy to move this to the right category. What should I choose?

Thank you,

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

If I only talk about covering site to site connection over WiFi, then you can use our P2P bridges P300 which can connect your two sites as a L2 connection.

For routing and VPN part, you have to rely on your site router/firewall/gateway to secure the traffic between site-A to site-B.

Please confirm if this is what you are looking for?

Regards,
Syamantak Omer
Official Rep | Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RASZA | RICXI

@syamantak_omer 

I am a bit embarrassed, as I am not looking for a wireless solution, due to the distance. I had someone suggest on reddit that Ruckus could be a great hardware solution. When I posted my question, my selection of access point was really wrong.

But my question is about the second option.