cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCS error on Ruckus Switch

rodolfo_mendes
New Contributor II

Hi.

I have 7150 C12 connected (powering 11W) to the Unifi USW Flex and Unifi powering 3 security cameras. Every day, the Ruckus switch shows only 1 FCS error, sometimes 1 Giant error too. I swapped cables, connectors and tried different ports, but every day I get the same error.

Does anyone have any tips for this?

This error is annoying me.

7150 C12 (port 11) => USW Flex (fence) => Cam 1
                                                                                       Cam 2
                                                                                       Cam 3

Image_ images_messages_60a927fb8c74ef317253f1de_d0b96eb8cc6606875de44ad9b751b673_Screenshotfrom20210522084249-cde7d6d5-d770-4246-8afa-da5b30d83273-959705720.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hashim_bharooc1
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Rodolfo,

Hope you are doing Great!!!

If you clear the stats do you see any more errors? 

Do you have any more of these USW Flex Units, if so do you see errors on those as well?  If you do not see errors on the other USW Flex units then maybe this has gone bad.

Giants frames are Ethernet frames that exceed the IEEE 802.3 frame size and can have a incorrect FCS (Frame Check Sequence), this is coming in so we cannot do much on ICX  side.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hashim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

hashim_bharooc1
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Rodolfo,

Hope you are doing Great!!!

If you clear the stats do you see any more errors? 

Do you have any more of these USW Flex Units, if so do you see errors on those as well?  If you do not see errors on the other USW Flex units then maybe this has gone bad.

Giants frames are Ethernet frames that exceed the IEEE 802.3 frame size and can have a incorrect FCS (Frame Check Sequence), this is coming in so we cannot do much on ICX  side.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hashim

Thanks for your replay Hashim...

Everyday I clear the stats but I see 1 FCS error each day. Do you think this % of FCS is worrying, less than 1%?

I don't have others USW Flex Units, but I ll start a RMA process...

Thanks...

Do you think this is lack of power?

Hi Rodolfo,

No lack of power should not show crc errors or giant frames.

Thanks

Hashim