cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUM Suppression Logging

chell_7zwe
New Contributor II

Hello All.  I've enabled BUM on three eth ports that have production, domain workstations connected to them.  I configured rate-limit-log 1 globally.  Below is what I have configured per port

broadcast limit 1 kbps log
 multicast limit 1 kbps log
 unknown-unicast limit 1 kbps log

I've had this configured for 2 weeks and have yet to see in syslog that the limit was reached.  I was wondering am I missing something with the configuration or if someone knows how I can cause the limit to be reached?  Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

BenBeck

It looks like you have everything there. You could do a 'show log | inc reached' to see if there is anything in the syslog. If you think the feature is not working correctly, I would advise opening a case (see my signature)

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

jijo_panangat
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Chell,

Pls find the documentation link for enabling BUM suppression logging and ensure you have configured it right.

http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/fastiron/08.0.60/fastiron-08060-monitoringguide/GUID-356C1BB8-F59D-49...

If you are running into any issues, pls open a support case as mentioned.

Thanks

Jijo 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BenBeck

It looks like you have everything there. You could do a 'show log | inc reached' to see if there is anything in the syslog. If you think the feature is not working correctly, I would advise opening a case (see my signature)

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

jijo_panangat
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Chell,

Pls find the documentation link for enabling BUM suppression logging and ensure you have configured it right.

http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/fastiron/08.0.60/fastiron-08060-monitoringguide/GUID-356C1BB8-F59D-49...

If you are running into any issues, pls open a support case as mentioned.

Thanks

Jijo