cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning names to stack ports on ICX7450 running 9.0.1c

frnkblk
New Contributor III

I searched the manuals but I could not find it.

How do I assign a name/description to stack ports, so I can know where it's going?  The "show interfaces stack-ports" has a "name" column, but there doesn't appear to be a way to populate that?

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

Hey @frnkblk 

We do not allow stack ports to be named. With that said, you can decipher where they are going with 'show stack' and 'show stack detail'

BenBeck_0-1659714776184.png

As an example, you can see 1/3/1 is connected to 2/4/1. You can also see 1/4/1 is connected to 2/3/1. Hope this helps!

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BenBeck

Hey @frnkblk 

We do not allow stack ports to be named. With that said, you can decipher where they are going with 'show stack' and 'show stack detail'

BenBeck_0-1659714776184.png

As an example, you can see 1/3/1 is connected to 2/4/1. You can also see 1/4/1 is connected to 2/3/1. Hope this helps!

frnkblk
New Contributor III

Thank you, that explains why I can't find it.  And yes, I am aware how to use "show stack detail" to get more information about what port, but I was looking for the ability to add our own free-form text description.

I am not sure why Ruckus would not allow those ports to be named, but if Ruckus will not do that perhaps the "Name" column can be removed from "show interfaces stack-port"?

No problem. 'show int stack-port' is really just 'show int brief', but only showing information on the stack ports and leaving the rest out. 

blanalex
New Contributor II

It would help if the stack ports were somehow listed as such when doing "show interface brief". Maybe in the name field or the state field? I can understand that some free-form label is not doable, but a system-generated label?