ip helper-address 1 192.168.120.2
 ip helper-address 2 192.168.120.3

ip access-list extended untrusted-no-outbound
 sequence 10 permit tcp any 192.168.88.0/24 established 
 sequence 20 permit icmp any any 
 sequence 50 permit udp any host 192.168.255.1 eq ntp 
 sequence 70 deny tcp any 192.168.0.0/16 
 sequence 80 deny udp any 192.168.0.0/16

With this configuration in place, the devices attached to 1/1/6 and 3/1/6 were able to send DHCP requests (and obtain addresses) via VLAN 81.

I added port 4/1/1 (also tagged) to VLAN 81, but the device attached that port was unable to get an address via DHCP. Setting up a monitor on port 4/1/1 showed the DHCP 'discover' arriving (with VLAN id 81) from the device, but it was not forwarded to the ip-helper addresses attached to 'interface ve 81'.

Removing the 'ip access-group' from 'vlan 81' and then re-adding it cured the problem; traffic from port 4/1/1 on vlan 81 began flowing. It appears that adding the port to the VLAN, with an existing access-group, did not result in the access-group's rules being applied to that port.

4 REPLIES 4

kpfleming
New Contributor III

Sorry, forgot to include device information: this is a 4-unit stack of ICX7150-C12Ps.

kpfleming
New Contributor III

I added another rule to that access-list today, and again it was not applied to the port I was using to test. It appears that this is a more pervasive problem than what I originally thought. I had to remove and re-apply the access-group to get traffic flowing via the new rule I had added.

BenBeck

Hey Kevin, 

I would recommend opening a support case for this type of item. It likely needs a proper investigation. One of our TAC engineers would be best-suited to assist you. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

kpfleming
New Contributor III

I would be happy if I could do that, but I can't purchase a support contract because I bought my ICX devices 'used'. Too bad.