Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up New Lennar Home System

diemilio
New Contributor II

Setting Up New Lennar Home System

Hello experts,

I just moved into a Lennar home with a Ruckus ICX-7150-C12 switch, and three Ruckus R510 WAPs. I have tried following the phone app instructions from this video, and using my laptop and this video, but haven't been successful.

I have ran into several issues along the way (particularly with the phone app), but here's where I am right now:

• Using the laptop setup instructions, I was able to connect to one of the Configure.Me-xxxxxx Wi-Fi networks.
  • Was able to go over the 5 steps from the setup wizard and create a WLAN.
  • Managed to get the "Congratulations ! Unleashed Master is now configured !" screen.
  • I noticed that after doing this, the power LED in all three WAPs went from blinking green to solid green, and the 2.4 G and 5 G LEDs are now one (orange). the ctrl LED in the primary WAP is also solid green.
  • However, after all this was done, the WLAN SSID I set up was never broadcasted, so I couldn't continue the process. I tried to manually connect to it (in case it was hidden), but that didn't work.

The thing is that, now the Configure.Me-xxxxxx Wi-Fi network has now disappeared, so I don't have anything to connect to to try to configure things again.

I have fiber internet thru AT&T, so I have an BGW320-505 ONT directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12. If I go to my AT&T network app, I can see the ICX7150-C12-Switch and three Ruckus-Unleashed devices (for the WAPs I presume), so I believe all components are online (not sure this helps with the issue, but I figured I would mention the rest of the setup).

I read in a few places to try to connect my laptop to the ICX7150-C12 directly using an ethernet cable to setup/check the network from there. I tried connecting to one of the PoE ports and access 192.168.0.1, but that didn't work. 

Any suggestions on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

El_Daddy
New Contributor

When I moved into my house, I wasn't able to set up using the Configure.Me-xxxxxxx. Check the inside of your network cabinet.  In the inside of the door was a sticker.  It listed a "WiFi Name" Lennar-xxxxxxxx followed by the password.

Try setting it up that way.

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

@ryan_mickelson

Thanks - that's coax coming in, the modem is a surfboard, which our Arris division makes. Let me do some digging and see what some of your options are.

Thanks 

@matt_klouda well I have fiber, the coax is not being used.

@david_norton

The C12P and C08 look identical...I have both in my house because, well because I'm a network nerd. 😄

The ICX family (all of them) can function as a gateway, however they do not support NAT. I'm trying to find out if that's a roadmap item, but I won't be able to find out, or let you know for a while. It can function as a DHCP server. However, the best solution here would be what I have at home. ICX and a pfSense firewall. 

omar_hatoum
New Contributor

I feel silly after such an extensive thread, but I still can’t get connected. Lennar home came with ruckus system and using spectrum wi-fi but can’t get the ruckus to work. Internet so bad the ring doorbell that also came with house can’t even connect, I’d imagine because ruckus not being utilized. I downloaded the unleashed app and when through the configure me process which at one point said that it was connected successfully, but also that the process failed. I can’t see the configure me network anymore and not sure how to proceed. Any guidance would be appreciated! 

omar_hatoum
New Contributor

I feel silly after such an extensive thread, but I still can’t get connected. Lennar home came with ruckus system and using spectrum wi-fi but can’t get the ruckus to work. Internet so bad the ring doorbell that also came with house can’t even connect, I’d imagine because ruckus not being utilized. I downloaded the unleashed app and when through the configure me process which at one point said that it was connected successfully, but also that the process failed. I can’t see the configure me network anymore and not sure how to proceed. Any guidance would be appreciated!