cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R710 will not connect, even after factory reset

Ruckus
New Contributor II

I am trying to factory reset my Ruckus R710 access point, but have trouble doing so. After pressing the reset button for 10 seconds, the PWR LED turns red and the AP seems to be factory resetting. Connecting to the AP by directly connecting an ethernet cable and setting an IP in 192.168.0.x/24 shows that the AP replies to ping on 192.168.0.1, but no web interface is shown. All lights on the AP are off except the PWR light, which is blinking green or solid green. Only the following ports seem to be open:

Nmap scan report for 192.168.0.1
Host is up (0.00073s latency).
Not shown: 65533 closed tcp ports (reset)
PORT      STATE SERVICE
1883/tcp  open  mqtt
18301/tcp open  unknown
MAC Address: 58:B6:33:xx:xx:xx (Ruckus Wireless)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2.47 seconds

The "island-xxxxxx" SSID is also being broadcasted, and I am able to connect to it with the device's serial number as password. However, I am not getting any IP address, except a link-local. The AP is then responsive on 169.254.1.1, but only on the ports shown above – no web interface or SSH.

When I connect the AP to my router it will get an IP address correctly, but it is unable to be seen by my Ruckus Unleashed install nor does it have any web interface or SSH. It replies to ping, but the only ports open are also the ones from above.

I have also tried to press the reset button for longer than 1 minute and the 30-30-30 method, but nothing changes.

Any ideas what I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ruckus
New Contributor II

I fixed it by opening up the AP and using the serial port to reflash the firmware. It's working perfectly now!

https://www.florisbrunet.com/blog/recovering-a-ruckus-access-point-using-the-serial-port/

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Great to hear !!! 

Ruckus
New Contributor II

I fixed it by opening up the AP and using the serial port to reflash the firmware. It's working perfectly now!

https://www.florisbrunet.com/blog/recovering-a-ruckus-access-point-using-the-serial-port/

Did you figure out the solution yourself and are you the one that wrote the article? Im having the exact same issue with the exact same ap and i cannot figure out how to solve it using your article. 

Ruckus
New Contributor II

At which part do you get stuck?